Here’s my personal favorite posts from the month of January, the ones I really hope people will read if they didn’t get a chance to before.
- On Gratitude and the difference between spontaneous, practiced, and coerced forms of it
- Autism Super Moms and the problems with equating parenting autistic children with combat (part 2 here)
- Meeting John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls as a teen, and him being awesome
- Not Like Other Girls and my history of internalized femme-phobia
- The Modern Mother and the unbearable workload the goes with being one
- Toxic Hostility and not losing compassion in your passion
- Famous for Being Famous and the double standard that calls Paris Hilton a celebutante but Donald Trump a business mogul
- Thinking of Grandma and the complexity of loving someone evil
- Sheds for the Homeless and the problems with this “solution”
- My Disability IS My Excuse and why I’ll never be a disabled athlete, just disabled
And most important of all,
- Monster Assault – a fantastic guest post written by my son about his plans to make the world a better place by dressing as monsters and scaring bad guys.